Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Shadow Box Card: Easter Blessings

Many of our holidays started with religion and throughout the years have somehow lost their meaning. I have made this card to bring the meaning back to a very widely celebrated holiday.





 I began this shadow box type card using the MTK  “Message Of Grace” and  “Christian Fish” dies and after cutting each one, I made base layers for them. Afterwards I distressed each of them (including base layer) with Tim Holtz distressed inks, as I did with each  layer of this card.




 The flowers are cut from a Stampin’ Up flower punch, which I then also distressed with ink and used a water brush to add the texture lines. Using a stylus I gave each flower texture and added a brad for the centers. The leaf flourishes are from Memory Box. The card was completed with over 100 flat back pearls. All the elements and layers come together and give this card great depth and definition.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment